Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Special Prayer Request

Dear Family and Friends,
Last week our Mom, Lois Hopkins was diagnosed with
breast cancer. We were really taken back
by this news because Mom has been very healthy and
active for her age, with no complaints, other than not
seeing her kids enough!!! Anyway...together as a family we are
facing this disease called cancer.
Praise God that we have our faith and the support
of family and friends to rely on during these days.
Facing this challenge in Mom's life reminded me of a song the boys
would sing when they were little:
"My God is so big! So strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do!
The mountains are His! The valleys are His! The earth is His handiwork too!
My God is so big! so strong and so mighty, there's nothing my God Cannot do!"
And that's what we believe and trust in.......our faith and trust in God's perfect
plan for Mom. God is an almighty and powerful God, who owns the cattle on
a thousand hills....yet has his eye on the sparrow.....
We know that He will take care of us and we can rest in his loving arms.
So, we ask you to pray for Lois as she has surgery
on Monday, July 1st. The surgery is a mastectomy
and removal of some lymph nodes. The doctor will determine future
treatment after he completes the operation and has additional results.
Thank you always for your love and prayers for Mom and Dad as they
face the days and weeks ahead.


Mom, Dad, and Judy on Father's Day
In addition, we ask your prayers for the family of Gregory Dale May
who passed away June 19th. Greg is my cousin and the son of my Dad's sister
Zelda May, from Frankfort.
Dad, Mom, Linda, Jason and I were able to spend some time with
extended family, many of whom we only see every few years.
What a precious time of sharing.......our love and prayers continue to be with
them in this time of loss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm planning the music for a kid's fine arts camp in July, and I came across that song ("My God is so big") - So that will really helps to hit the meaning home when I teach it to the kids! I will definitely keep your family in my prayers.