Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Spring Has Sprung....My Days Are More Interesting!!

Thursday, May 8th
Zoey (our female Golden Retriever) and Cash (our male Golden) got their spring grooming today from "Dancin with Woofs". They looked so clean and trim when I picked them up.....and they jumped eagerly in my car to go home.
Zoey seemed quite proud of her "new do".

"Cash" our male however went straight to the wading pool and commenced to lay down is his "backyard spa"....thus messing up his new look! AARRRGGGGHHHH! Dogs! Well at least they didn't go out to the horse pasture and roll in something else.....





Last week I visited school briefly......this is the 2nd hour girl's "Treble Choir:. It was wonderful seeing the kids and spending time listening to them sing!! I miss teaching!


Wednesday....May 7th
Isaac got his "Cubbies" award at AWANA. He stepped to the other side of the stage long enough for Grandpa to take his picture.

Seth and other "Puggles".

Wednesday, May 7th Seth got his AWANA "Puggles" award at church. The ladder was on the stage for a skit that happened later.

Tuesday, May 6th
Seth and Isaac came over to our house on Tuesday afternoon..I took this picture just before Seth took and nap.....and Isaac and Grandma played with play dough!!! Play dough was good manipulation therapy for my hands!! When Uncle Joel got home from school we all took a 'rhino-ride"......the grand kids love the 4x4....and we rode around the back woods scouting for deer and turkeys!!

Monday, May 5th
This is the CHS Honors Ensemble. sorry the picture is so dark. They were the featured performers at the Philharmonic Club's May meeting.
They sang beautifully under the direction of my former student and great family friend, Kathy (Kitson) Wheeler. Kathy is my long term sub who started at CAPS back in October and has done a wonderful job with the choirs, and is very gracious and supportive towards me!!!


I was invited to attend the luncheon as a special guest. Little did I know that they were going to make me an "Honorary Member" of the Philharmonic Music Club in Cadillac. This club provides alot of scholarship money to area musicians.
This is our table group at the luncheon. To my right is Eileen Ball..a longtime friend of mine who was the head cook at Cadillac Junior High when I first started working there. We became lifelong friends!!! Directly behind me is Ann Hunt, my good friend and the accompanist of all the Jr. and Sr. High Choirs.......Ann is a very talented woman!!!


This is Joyce Johnson and me at the luncheon. Joyce was the Secretary at Cadillac Junior High when I was hired in at CAPS back in 1977!

Sunday, May 5th
I had a wonderful visit from Cortney Foor, a former student of mine from CHS who currently lives in Nashville, Tennessee and is pursuing her lifelong dream of being a country western recording artist. To hear a little sampling of Cortney's original music click this link:

Cortney and I have had a great teacher/student/friend relationship since her early junior years. She was a joy to teach......loves to sing!!!! I wish her the best...and hope she gets the break she's looking for!!!
My week has been a welcome change of pace....considering a normal schedule is: Monday: Mercy Rehab Tuesday: TC Light therapy Wednesday: Mercy Rehab, Thursday: TC light therapy Friday: Mercy Rehab.
That is why it is a great relief when I can do something other than "medical appointments". Thank you for your continued prayers, cards, and emails.
This week has perhaps been my best as far as physical energy. My hand/arms/feet/legs continue to be tight....but I am starting to experience some relief....little by little.....or in music terms.....poco a poco!!!
God is good......all the time!!!!












No comments: