Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Friday, May 1, 2009

Officially Retired

Today, May 1st, 2009, after 32 years of teaching I am "officially" retired from Cadillac Area Public Schools. My disability retirement has been approved and in May I will receive my first 'pension" check! Woo Hoo!
It was an amazing career and I will truly miss the students and staff!

As most of you know, I would have loved to keep teaching longer....but am battling an auto immune disease called "scleroderma" which has disabled me to the point where I am unable to teach anymore.

I look forward to attending a retirement dinner hosted by CAPS for this year's retirees (I think there are "2" of us)!! Our sons, daughter-in-laws, grand kids, and my parents will be at the dinner too!

It seems so strange to see this day come....but I have alot of peace in my heart as I wait for my future to unfold....and am encouraged how God continues to use my life and testimony in various ways.

No comments: