Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Monday, April 27, 2009

Early Mother's Day

We had the joy of having our family all together last Saturday-Sunday.
Emily and I drove down to Jenison early Saturday morning for an "Uppercase Living" party that Heidi had. After the party we all drove back to Cadillac to our house and despite the cool rainy weather, had a wonderful time. It is so much fun to watch the cousins play together and it's always remarkable to me to see how well they all get along:)

On Sunday we all went to church together and filled a pew! We were also joined by Joel's friend, Mallory, from his school.
I am reminded once again how important every day in your life is....and to remember to thank God for each moment as a special gift from Him.

I want to live my life as a good example to our children and grand children. I want them to see the joy of Jesus in my heart and in my attitude. The memories they form of us will not be in what we have accomplished, but rather will be in the way we love them, nurture them, and how we value them as God's creation. I look forward to "growing old" with my family and friends. (I know...I'm already more than half way there:). I cherish each and every moment I have on this earth.....and will continue to use my days to glorify God and be used wherever he needs me!


Our couchful of grandchildren

The original 25 cents

Mom and the boys






Grandpa and Rachelle









Annabelle






Uncle Joel playing trains with Andrew and Jon

Aunt Heidi and an "armful of girls"

Annie and Madeline

Aunt Emily and Rachelle




Relaxing in the chair

Isaac, Andrew, Seth








The two first borns

The second borns....ah there's nothing
quite like being the middle child:)

Kirsten looking at the goldens Uncle Jason and Rachelle
Kurt and Heidi with the girls after church

Sitting pretty
Annabelle(2) Madeline(almost 6 months)
Rachelle and Kirsten (16 months)

Cousins Annabelle and Kirsten

Judy and Kurt
Rachelle and Kirsten

Counting our blessings!!!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

What a beautiful family you have. By chance, did you get my email today???

Deb L.