Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Saturday, June 20, 2009

An Amazing Man


Sunday, June 21st is Father's Day and I want to take this opportunity to honor my husband Ken. I ponder over the cards at the store every year as I try to pick out the perfect one to give to him. None of them begin to say how much he means to me and how wonderfully blessed I am to be his wife.


The past two years have not been easy for Ken......yet he is a man that never complains. He has incredible inner strength and a deep faith in Jesus Christ. Ken has been the backbone of our home....he cares for me lovingly and tenderly and I always know he loves me unconditionally. When the Lord brought us together He must have known what a perfect match we were! In August we will celebrate 31 years of marriage and this Father's Day Ken celebrates 28 years as a Dad.


The responsibilities of our home can be overwhelming for one person, and even though I try and help as best I can, Ken carries the bulk of the load. He works hard at his job to provide for our family, he cooks, he cleans, he mows, he cuts and stacks wood for winter, he gardens, fixes everything and anything that breaks, he does the laundry (hanging it out on the clothesline to dry), and helps me with absolutely everything that he can.


The pressure of raising a special needs son is something some men would abandon in life....but not my husband...he is so patient with Joel...and provides Joel with so much love and security. At this point I'm sitting here and blubbering as I write this....but I just want to share with you how much love I have for my husband....and how grateful I am to him.


As I watched our sons grow up and become fathers themselves I am confident in the example they had from their dad and the love he gave them (and still does). Even though he didn't raise daughters....he loves and teases our daughter-in-laws as if they were his own daughters. Our eight grandchildren are the "apple of his eye" and I know the memories they share with Ken will forever be engraved in their hearts!


So, Happy Father's Day to my husband........may every day be a special blessing from God....and know that I love you with all of my heart and soul!


4 comments:

Snowfirebeads said...

Judy, what a great tribute to Ken and all he does. I too thank God for putting him in your life. Congratulations to both of you for providing such a great model for people to live by. May God continue to bless you and keep you! <3

Unknown said...

good morning judy.... my father was that kind of man.... godly man they are rare.... have a good sunday...
blessings bob

Deb said...

WOW! You are truly blessed! What a remarkable man. Enjoy this day with him. God Bless!

Debbie said...

That is truly a beautiful tribute. God has difinitely blessed you with an amazing husband. We can be thankful for godly husbands who show their love daily in their actions as well as words. What a tremendous support Ken is to you! And yes your children and grandchildren definitely exemplify that godly example as well! Blessings to you! Love you!