Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Friday, June 5, 2009

Funny Thoughts from the last 48 Hours!!

  • Thursdays with Grandma: Isaac, Seth, Annabelle, and I were on the Rhino while Uncle Joel followed us on the quad. Things were going well until Joel decided to take one of the jumps out back.....and wasn't wearing a helmet. Well....thinking out loud I said "Oh boy.....Grandma's not too happy with Uncle Joel for doing that without a helmet". So promptly as we stopped the engines and I said some words of correction for Joel, grandson Isaac chimed in with the following: "Uncle Joel....you are not riding responsibly if you don't have a helmet on! If you don't ride the quad responsibly, you will not be allowed to drive it again until you are responsible!" Joel looked at Isaac, then looked at me, then back at Isaac.....burst out in a huge grin....and said to his 5 year old nephew, "Then I guess I'll just have to be responsible". So up to the house he went....driving back to us with his helmet on!

  • Almost 4 year old Seth came in from outside a little sweaty and warm. I said "Seth....why don't you have a big drink of water so your body stays hydrated!" Seth responded, "Grandma, Mommy says if I drink too much water my body will pop!"

  • I went to CHS today to attend a luncheon honoring my retirement. Upon entering the building I spotted three boys just standing around as school got out for the year...not looking like they were in a rush to go anywhere. First, I asked them if they knew me (they did not), then I politely asked them if they would be willing to go to my car and bring in a few things I had brought for the event. So I handed them my car keys, told them, what I needed, then waited for them to return. Back they came toting everything I asked for and then happily took it to the room where the luncheon was held. I was quite pleased with the pleasant attitude and willingness to help from these three young men.....so I shared the story with the staff.....naming the first names....only to get a roar of laughter!!! Evidently I had handed my car keys over to a young man who was just released from jail this morning for a probation violation! I smiled back at everyone and said "I have always been a trusting person!"

P.S.(In the backseat of my car was my checkbook and in the front was a bottle of my pain meds.....untouched....WHEW!)

  • Tonight I was pretty tired out so Ken offered to out our pony "Sugar Babe" in her stall for the evening. She met Ken at the gait with her little nickering.(pony talk).....and he went to put her in the stall. As he went to close her gait....there stood our golden retriever "Cash" in the stall with a piece of manure in his mouth! When Cash saw Ken and the pony enter the stall....he panicked looking eagerly for a way out! Staring at Ken and the pony....Cash dropped his prize catch from his mouth and scooted past the both of them!!! It was one of those "caught red handed moment.....drop the money and run....or in this case.....drop the poop and scoot:)

No comments: