Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Taking Care of Grandkids




















Kurt and Heidi brought their kids up to Cadillac last Friday afternoon for a weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. How BRAVE we were to take four kids under the age of 5 for two nights!!!! Just kidding....it was actually very easy! The great part is that they are used to a schedule and daily structure:) That made meals, nap time, and bed time pretty simple for us 50+ year olds!!!

The unstructured moments I discovered are "diaper changing" times!!! This at time became very comical to me!!! While one twin said"Ucky....Bama"....I quickly whisked her off to change the messy diaper....at which time the three year old said..."Bama...I have to go ucky on the toilet". "Just a minute"....I would say.....while fumbling my way around a onsie with my contracted fingers...."Grandma will be right there!!!"....smile...velcro the diaper...set a twin down....turn to her and say,..."Grandma will be right back!!!".....go in....wipe the three year old....praise him for a job well done.....just to exit the bathroom and have the second twin pointing to her backside saying "Bama....ucky!!" I just stood there...laughing to myself....and started all over again!! Realizing why parents are Younger and Grandparents are Older!!! And....I wouldn't have missed it for the world:)
We had a wonderful weekend....had a lovely lunch prepared by Ken when Kurt and Heidi arrived....visited for awhile....said our goodbyes...and took a nap!!

No comments: