Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oh where oh where did our little May go?


If I had a dollar for every time I thought about updating our blog...I would have enough to treat most of you to Dairy Queen!!! Sounds good doesn't it? Hot fudge sundae...small....extra chocolate for me!! Or maybe just a dilly bar:)

I have been so happy...and so busy!!! Mother's Day was fun, I am watching our grandkids once a week, teaching at Heritage 1/2 per week, enjoying watching Ken re-do our front flower beds, had a great time in GR going to see Christian speaker/author Beth Moore last weekend. We also spent time with Kurt, Heidi, and kids who were in GR.  In addition we are singing in choir at our church every Sunday, and I even accompanied them on Mother's Day.  I still use only 2-3 fingers on the rh and 1-2 on the lh~~~But it still sounds pretty good...and my heart is jumping with joy that I can serve God this way!

The CHS choirs had their spring concert a week or so ago,,,I attended it and really had a nice time!  I can finally sit in the audience without feeling the grieving of not being the director.  I am, just happy for the kids that are singing and loving what they do!!
There are just a few left that were students of mine...most have graduated.

Saturday evening was a first for me in three years!! Ken and I took a walk to the back of our property and back!  I was elated that my feet/legs could walk that distance...to me another answer to prayer...and another hurdle that God has brought me through:)

We have made a visits to Onekama...Mom is improving slowly. she has been able to get out a little bit...mostly for DR. appointments,,,but we are hoping they can make it over here sometime in June!  Speaking of June....My sister is officially retiring from 37 years of teaching for the Alma Public Schools.  I am so excited about this and look forward to spending more time with her.  In fact...Linda and I are going to Boston, Mass. July 30-Aug.1st for the National Scleroderma Foundation Conference.  There will be many workshops and speakers that will share with us updates and current research.  We are really looking forward to attending this!

Our grandkids are growing too fast~~~and are so precious!  I have started keeping a booklet of funny things they say to me and ask me!! There is never a dull moment...and we love being with them!!  We love being with our sons and their wives too~~~It's just that the g-kids are so adorable!

Joel graduates from WMISD on June 10th...and will no longer be a student!  Out into the real world he must go! (while still living at home with Dad and Mom)  He has been prepared well though by job coaches and has several places he volunteers at.  He has a solid chance at working for Arby's a few hours per week....cleaning tables/taking trays/etc.  He is looking forward to attending Christian Horizon's camp this summer~~and so are we:)

Well....enough rambling, enjoy the pictures....

Till we meet again:)

No comments: