Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Don't Miss The Moment!!

I've been meaning to post this thought all week....but finally got to it tonight!
Last Sunday after church Jason and Emily came over with the kids, we had a quick lunch, then all three children layed down for a nap. Shortly after Isaac got settled in, Emily came out and said that Isaac asked if Grandma could lay by him for a while and scratch his back. Of course, I obliged immediately....and soon found myself snuggled under a blanket face to face with our almost "5" year old grandson. Isaac said, "Grandma, could you please scratch my back like before?" I said, "sure......but Grandma's fingers are a little stiff so it may not be the same as before." Isaac said "that's okay....last year your fingers were different, but you can still scratch my back." So there we snuggled, Grandma scratching Isaac's back...up here, then down here, then over here....until his little voice said, "thank you that's enough". Content as a warm kitten, I turned over, facing the other way....and Isaac said "now I'll scratch your back Grandma." I'll tell you.........right there and then if I could have purred I would have.

After a few minutes of just laying quietly I said to Isaac, "Grandma's got to go to the bathroom but I'll be right back." Without hesitation Isaac said "number one or number two?" Quite surprised I responded "number one, why do you ask?" and with a "matter of fact" answer Isaac said...."because number two takes longer". I burst into laughter.....left the room for a moment and returned! When I returned to Isaac and settled myself again, Isaac looked me straight in the eyes and said "I pray to God every day Grandma". My eyes welled up with tears as I listened to the earnestness in his voice....witnessed the faith of a little child....and knew that he was coming before our almighty God every day. I asked him what he prayed about and he said "Oh lots of things", " and sometimes for the animals".......then he just grinned, and so did I, then off to nap we went. Later Emily told me that the the kids pray for me every night What a privilege it is to come to the Lord in prayer......and what a privilege it is to see your children and grandchildren trust in God completely.

Next time you are asked to sit down, or lay down to listen to these precious ones in your life.....don't miss the moment.....you'll be forever blessed!!

No comments: