Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Carolers....cookies and hot chocolate

Friday evening we got a call from Cori Brown, my long term sub at CHS asking if we would like some carolers to come to our home! We didn't even have to think twice!!!!! "Sure...come on over"! Right after I got off the phone with Cori, Ken suggested that he me bake some cookies and make some hot chocolate for everyone. So after a quick trip to Meijer....he came back with ready to bake Christmas cookies and instant hot chocolate! When Cori and the singers arrived the house smelled wonderful....we invited the kids in....and enjoyed being sung to!'

To get ready for the occasion....I thought I would put on one of my nicer sweaters and sport my 'Rudolph" antlers that blink when you push a button! I know....quite the outfit....but if I was teaching...I would have done the same for an informal time like this:)

After the caroling we enjoyed the snacks Ken made and visited with everyone for quite a while! Of course....I took lots of pics to remember the occasion by. Actually my day had been quite full! I got a hair cut at noon and then spent three hours at Jason and Emily's reading books to the kids, and holding baby Madeline who is one month old today! The "icing on the cake" was ending the day listening to these wonderful singers. Thank you Cori for thinking of me....and providing this special memory!

Ken putting the cookies in the oven
I asked Ken to turn around so I could get a picture
of him with the cookies...and this is what I got!!!!

Snowmen and Christmas Trees


My "carolers coming to the house" look




Cori and I
We had Cori put on the light bulbs!!

Ready to sing

Carol of the Bells
Silent Night

Christina Rann and me

Bryanna Godell and me

After everyone left....Ken took a picture of our Christmas lights in the front of our house. The faint twinkle of the lights were beautiful as they danced under the bushes covered with snow.
I stood there for a moment recalling the many wonderful memories I have of my "outings" with students! These were the extra special times in my job....where you had a chance to connect with your students on a different level than just in the classroom alone. I will treasure those moments forever. I will always have a deep joy and respect for students and will appreciate their individual gifts and talents. Even though for this time in my life I am unable to work......in my heart I will always be a teacher.
So thus ending a great day I turned the lights out.....quietly walked to our bedroom....sat on the bed.....and I cried.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Judy! Isn't it nice to be reminded of how much you're loved?! You truly are an inspiration to SO many! May this Christmas holiday season be one of the best ever for you and your family! Love & Prayers, Debbie :-)
(Oh, I love your new blog background!)