Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Thursday, December 11, 2008

An Open Door......

Yesterday I received a phone call from one of the dermatology doctors that I saw in at U of M of Monday.
He was calling me personally to say that he has communicated with the Dr. James Siebold (world renown expert in scleroderma)...and that Dr. Siebold would like to see me and consult with us on my case of scleroderma! WOW.....it's like I had just jumped to the front of the class!!! I immediately told him that we would be more than happy to have that appointment...and would make the trip whenever they scheduled us!

Of course being the computer person I am I googled Dr. Siebold and read his impressive credentials: http://www.med.umich.edu/scleroderma/faculty/index.htm

Dr. Siebold is also on the cutting edge with research regarding the medicine Imatinib and from what I've been told he is one of the leading experts in the world on it's use for systemic scleroderma.

Ken and I consider this a huge "open door" that God has so graciously allowed to seek more information and perhaps a reversal in or a cure for my disease. so....we are cautiously optimistic....and are excited to see what's next!

God is our "Great Physician" and it is within His might and power to heal....yet I believe He provides us gifted and trained medical personnel along the way for our benefit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 9 year old Daughter was fortunate enough to see Dr. Siebold. Great Guy ! and A+ bedside manner...good luck! our prayers are with you [see www.sclero.org for more info ]

Anonymous said...

12.12.2008

Hi Ken and Judy,
so very happy for you! God is busy at work for you/your and the greater good. Keep the faith. he is the mighty physician and all things are posible w/him! Our love and prayers.
Jan and Bob Kellogg

Unknown said...

it's amazing how we go from showing off pictures of our children to showing off pictures of others children! :-) enjoy them! and i wish you and yours a most blessed Christmas!