Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Friday, October 16, 2009

Hopkins Update

Our Mom, Lois Hopkins was admitted to the hospital this morning with breathing problems, issues with pain from her 2 compression fractures, and general discomfort. This afternoon they did a procedure to remove 1 liter of fluid from her lungs....which should relieve the struggle to breathe.
Linda (my sister) and I are able to be here and stay overnight to help out...and keep Mom and Dad company. I came to Onekama on Thursday evening...and I'm glad I did as I was able to help out with Mom in the middle of the night so Dad could get some much needed rest!

Now that Linda is here....I brought Dad home for some rest (Me too!) and then we will spend some time together with Mom this evening. They are still running tests and evaluating here condition....but having the liquid drained was alot of relief. Please pray that they would find the right combination of pain meds....that don't leave her sedated so much....but do relieve the pain! We are thanking God for safe journey to Onekama...that we can be together for Mom...and that Dad gets some much needed rest as he continues to take care of his beloved wife of "64" years.

We have lots of things to talk over/organize/and generally help outwith....Please pray that these decisions would go smoothly.

No comments: