Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The horse lover in me.............


































Those of you who know me pretty well know that I have been a big fan of horses all of my life. Some may call it an "obsession".but I don't think I went that far, or did I? I got my first horse in while in high school, a buckskin gelding, named "Major". I parted with him before college.....(long explanation)...and then got back into my hobby about 15 years ago when we moved to the country.

Just out of curiosity, I went back into my records to see exactly how many horses have come and gone over the years.....just ones we owned, but not boarders.


Here are the stats: We have had 29 horses over the last 15 years.


5 Quarters horses 4 Morgans 2 Arabians 2 Pintos

1 Pony and........15 Tennessee Walking Horses


I couldn't believe that we've had that many, but the numbers speak for themselves, and I guess shows the "horse trader" in me. By the way.....Ken said he has only had 5 motorcycles.....1 Yamaha 3 Suzukis and 1 Harley Davidson!!Plus.....they don't eat hay and poop all over place:)


Most recently, we have had Molly(TWHBEA black mare) for 8 years, and Goldie (TWHBEA Palomino mare) for 4 years. However now, due my illness, I am setting my hobby aside and selling the horses to some wonderful people! This will be a big change for me not looking out the front door and watching our four-legged friends...but we can't keep them around as pets either.

I am so appreciative of Ken for taking care of the horses and all of the chores for the last year when I couldn't help at all......he has been very supportive in sooooo many ways...and is helping me cope with closing this chapter in my life.....but...he did say when I heal and get better...we could think about adding a "Grand kids" pony back into the barn!


So for now, I lay down my hobby for horses and I am thankful they are going to really nice people who will enjoy them as much as I did. I know that if ever I need a "horsey fix", I have some dear friends who will let me visit any time!!! Please enjoy the pictures of some of the horses we've owned most recently, and the cool video at the end....I haven't captioned anything this time....but figured the pics speak for themselves

Love.......Judy



























I wanted to end today's blog with an amazing video. You can either click on the link(to see the video in a bigger screen) or watch it on the small screen(click the arrow) This isn't anyone I personally know....but was sent to me by a friend.

http://wms17.streamhoster.com/westfall/128do.wmv











No comments: