Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sometimes I Cry........................

Sometimes, and mostly, for no reason why,
I look in the mirror, and I start to cry.

I look at my body and how much it's changed,
my life and my days have been re-arranged.

I think about things that I used to do,
cooking and baking to name just a few.

How in eight short months of my busy life,
I've learned to adapt to my pain and strife.

Sometimes I cry when my body hurts,
or when I can't dress myself in a shirt.

I cry when I miss our grown up boys,
but think about all our laughter and joys.

I wish I could still help babysit,
but changing those diapers give my hands a fit!

I fight with my attitude some of the time,
but realize in God's eyes I'm one of a kind.

I'm thankful for every new day that I see,
the birds and the flowers, new buds on the tree.

Despite how I'm challenged now and again
I'm never let down by my husband, my friend.

I know we face these moments together,
and take it head on like Michigan weather.

It's not that I''m looking for pity for me,
I'm looking ahead for the day that I'm free.

Free from the stiffness and weird hands and feet,
Looking to Jesus, my Savior I'll meet.

But till that time in my life shall arrive.
I'll keep of good courage, I'll flourish and strive.

Strive to be the best mom and wife,
To put God's love first, throughout my whole life.

Crying will not determine my path,
I get more comfort out of a laugh!

by Judy Nichols 4/27/08













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Judy,

You are a blessing to me. I work with Carol Scott, and we prayed for you this morning, as we often to. I finally told myself I was going to look up your blog, and was glad to find it and your beautiful poem.

I'm blessed because your faith is proving genuine (I Peter 1:7). "Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith -- the salvation of your souls." (vss. 8-9)

It's not what you can do that makes you special. May you have a good day, resting in the joy of being His.

--Michele Shoun, BFL

Debbie said...

Judy,
Reading your poem made me cry! Thanks! (just kidding) ;-) I know this is not what you imagined for your life, and yet you are such an inspiration to us all.
Sometimes, God brings us challenges that we would never wish on anybody. There may be no earthly reason why we are suffering, and yet God always has a reason. That reason is always to bring glory to Him - which you have definitely done this whole time! Thank you for your faith in action. It's easy to say we're thankful when things are going well, but not as easy when things are going rough.
I'm reminded of a song, "Blessed Be Your Name". One verse goes like this, "Blessed be your name on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your name." The chorus continues, "Every blessing you pour out I'll, turn back to praise. When the darkness closes in Lord, still I will say... Blessed be the Name of the Lord." The tag ends, "You give and take away, You give and take away. My heart will choose to say, Lord, Blessed be Your name!"
Judy, your actions have demonstrated that faith and blessing in the midst of the storms of suffering.
You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers! We love you! Pastor Bart & Debbie (& Ethan too!) :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear Judy,
So much to say, so little time and someone (myself) who doesn't have a gift with words. So, "in a nut shell" : "Thinking of you".
Love,
Tom & Ann Hunt