Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

30 Years of Marriage.....A Gift From God

Happy 30th Anniversary to My Husband Ken

Mr. and Mrs. Ken Nichols Aug. 12, 1978
Today, August 12th, 2008 Ken and I are celebrating our 30th anniversary. I was trying to think up something unique and creative....but decided I would just share with you a tidbit called "Together".
Together we have experienced the journey of marriage
Together we have served the Lord
Together we have been best friends
Together we have raised three amazing sons
Together we have gone exploring
Together we have said goodbye to Kens' Mom and Dad
Together we have met our grandchildren for the first time
Together we have laughed and cried
Together (but mostly Ken) we built a house
Together we made our house a home.
Together we have faced an illness
Together we have lived life full!
Thank you Ken for being an amazing husband, love of my life, and best friend.
It seems likes it's always been "us" and I look forward to the next "30" years...
Lord willing....until He calls or takes us home!
When you said "if I was to marry you all over again I would"....
well I just wanted to tell you "I'm ready when you are"

This picture was taken on Aug. 11th 2008
Hey honey.....the dress still fits!!
Thank you Diane for helping me get ready and taking the picture
Our Monday night date to the Fair
A couple of weeks ago we were invited to a concert at the Northern District Fair featuring the "Nolf" country western band. Well....this was a very special invitation to us because Kelly and Val Nolf were former students of mine at CHS. Evidently they wanted to acknowledge me as being a special part of their lives and an inspiration to their direction and passion for music and performance. Well.....we went to the show and it was absolutely wonderful! We got front row seat...and because I couldn't sit on bleachers for very long, they provided a lawn chair. It was super because we were real close to the stage...and took in every musical moment.
Part way through the girls honored me with beautiful words of appreciation and a dozen pink roses. Ken helped me up from the chair to wave at the many faces in the stands...
it was a moment I'll never forget.
Below are some pics from the evening


Kelly and Vallory Nolf
Kelly and ValBrian, Glenn(the girl's Dad) Kelly and Val




One of the amazing musiciansVal , Judy, Kelly

3 comments:

Nichols 6 said...

Gorgeous picture Judy. We love you.

-Heidi

Debbie said...

Congratulations, Judy & Ken, on your 30th Wedding Anniversary! What a milestone! Only God could create such a relationship and institution as Marriage! Your marriage has been a great example to your friends and family. May God continue to bless you both, and give you many more years together! (You look gorgeous in your wedding dress too, Judy!) Love, Debbie & Pastor Bart (& Ethan too) :-)

Anonymous said...

I was wiping away tears. I love your website! And I'm praying for you!!!
Love,
Devon Smith