Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Flower in My Car

All summer I have been going to Mercy Rehab three times per week for hand therapy. Well after treatment my normal routine is to stop by Wexford Jewelers a couple of times a week on the way home to say hello....or maybe occasionally use their bathroom:) Anyway....our oldest son Jason works there...and it's become quite routine for him to walk me out the car when I leave.....help me with whatever...then I'm on my way. One of the sweetest things for me however is the flower he picks.....he fits it neatly into the dash...the color is brilliant.....and I enjoy it for the rest of the day!!!!
This reminds me of the days when our little boys came running up with a beautiful yellow "yard flower" (dandelion)....saying enthusiastically "Mommy...look what I've picked for you!!"

It warms my heart and encourages me to know that the little boy....now a grown man.... will still pick a flower for his Mom. Thank you Jason!!!


No comments: