Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Arghhhh....It was "One of those days"


Yesterday was a day I'd soon like to forget! From the time I got up until the time I went to bed I was filled with emotional ups and downs and plenty of tears. It was like a sprinkler was turned on in my eyes and they went "k-ching k-ching k-ching" all day long! Well....trying to pinpoint my source of emotional distress.....it soon became evident to me that at the heart of my "

feeling bad" was the back to school routine called "first day for teachers".....which is Tuesday Aug.26th. I realized that this would be the first time in 31 years that I did not return to my "normal fall routine"....that I did not make the "opening meeting" that I would not be a part of "how was you summer"????


I knew weeks ago that this day would come....but I didn't realize how much I would be moved by it! All sorts of doubts crossed my mind during the day...."Is this the end of my career?", am I a "has been?".......have I arrived at "the ole gray mare she ain't what she used to be?".....then as if the voice of God stopped me in my tracks of woe....In my heart I knew I had a purpose in life despite my inability to return to work.....my disability due to scleroderma......He has a plan for my life that could perhaps be the most exciting time of my life!! So many blessing flooded my way...........I had a visit from two former students.....girls who sang in my choirs.....I had a phone call from a good friend...I was able to see Jason, Emily and kids.....I got an encouraging email from a friend....I talked to Heidi and Andrew on the phone.....Ken made me laugh.....I talked to my Mom and Dad....Joel is excited to go back to school (as am I for him!!!!)....I was encouraged by two more good friends.....and Ken clipped my nails!! Then the blessings rolled on and on....my tears of sorrow turned to tears of joy.......and the spicket of tears finally turned off as my head lay down on my pillow! Once again....very grateful for my husband, family, and friends, and for the opportunity to serve an awesome God who cares about me and my future........and in that joy and comfort...I surrender my days to Him....yesterday....today...and forever!!



Flowers from my neighbor Jane's garden

1 comment:

sarah jane said...

oh, poor judy! i kind of know how you feel, with not being in the Renaissance Faires... but for you i know it is more bittersweet whereas for us its (mostly) a relief.

this is just a new chapter in your life, not an end to something but a different direction! you are such a loving and lovely lady, you bless all of our lives!!


love ya,
sarah & co.