Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Birthday Fun!!!

Yesterday was my 53'rd birthday! What a great day I had!My morning started out with a beautiful card from Ken, followed by phone calls and emails from family and friends during the day. In the afternoon I was invited by Corie Brown (my long-term sub) to come and visit the last hour choir (Chorale) where I was able to participate and sing, chat a little bit, and enjoy cupcakes, cake, and fruit salad provided by Corie and the choir! What a special surprise that was.

At lunch Ken gave me my gift "my wedding necklace". Since I can no longer wear my wedding ring, we had the diamonds placed into a necklace custom designed by Wexford Jewelry http://www.wexfordjewelers.com/. It is absolutely gorgeous! Check out the pic below!
For supper, Ken grilled some yummy pork steaks, sided with peas and baked potatoes. We topped the meal off with a cake baked my our friends Billy and Mandy!

I praise God for another wonderful year of life despite my physical setbacks! He has blessed me and surrounded me with a loving family and dear friends. I anxiously await what God has in store for me this coming year....and looking forward to the ways in which He allows me to serve Him.


Choir Students and me
Kayla, me, Bryanna

Todd, Judy, Jen



Megan O., Judy. Michele L.
I was presented with a "Princess Crown" from the choir

Jeri, Lynn, Caroline, and Judy
"My office buddies"
I am so thankful for the friendship of these three women...
and how much they encourage me when we are together!!
And.....how many laughs we have together!!!!!!


Cake at home.....Ken and Joel sang very beautifully to me

My wedding necklace

1 comment:

Lacey Rumley said...

Judy - your wedding necklace is absolutely beautiful!!! What a lovely idea! Happy belated birthday, by the way! : - )