Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Sunday, November 4, 2007

My verse for today: 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self discipline.

Today I had visitors!!!!! All the way from North Carolina! This is Terry and Lenice. Terry was the best man in our wedding August 12th, 1978!! He also was a good friend of Ken in High School. Mesick....class of 1975!
What a special blessing for me to have them come today.....they drove over the mountains around 2 hours or so to come here! We had a very nice visit....and it was especially nice for me to meet Lenice. We all commented that the visit would be complete if Kenny were a part of it!! We know he is with us at heart......but a Sunday afternoon visit would have been a hefty trip for him! They even picked up some neccesities for me........Nail Clippers....Yay, chapstick , crossword puzzle, and a Southern Living magazine!
Today is my second day of water fasting.....God is good....I even had a renewed energy today that really surprised me! One more day.....then I'll be back on a day of juices before solid food. I thought my scripture for today was very appropriate.....especially the "self discipline"....I certainly have had that today....I didn't even covet food when I was in the kitchen:)
I want to thank Terry and Lenice once again for coming to see me....what a special gift...And sorry Lenice if I am spelling your name wrong!!!


No comments: