Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Sunday, November 11, 2007

My verse for today: "The Lord you God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

Sorry, no pictures today......just me:) Today was a little more difficult day for me in the fact that when I woke, after almost 6 hours of sleep, my hands were very tight and swollen....and my feet pretty sensitive. Immediately I started the "self pity" trip of , "Oh no.....20 steps forward, 1 step back, what am I going to do?"..
this attitude sort of stuck with me throughout the day....feeling sorry for myself, and slightly complaining to anyone who would listen!

Anyway, as the day came to a close I started soul searching, and scripture searching....and one of the first verses that rang loud in clear is this:
But He said to me: My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness so that Christ's power may rest on me" 2 Corinthians 12:9
Now a verse like that will help you take your mind off yourself, your ailments, your pity party! I then stopped to ponder the blessings of the day:
1. Terry and LaNice, our friends from North Carolina came today for a visit.
2. I slept almost 6 hours last night.....better than most nights.
3. I talked to Ken a bunch! What a freedom we have in phones and cell phones!
4. I have received more than 30 cards and notes while I have been here.....and now am teased that I get more mail on a daily basis than "Times of Refreshing".
5. I have had more than 170 emails in my inbox from friends and family.
6. The skin on my legs and arms has softened.
7. I was blessed by the visit of Tommy, Megan, and Danen....I got to hold a baby!
8. I have more people praying for me than I can count.
9. God is in control!
10.Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world!
Thank you to all who have been part of these blessings......I am humbled and grateful! Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy,

Sorry I missed your phone call. How are things going? I just got off the phone with your son and he said you were coming home on Thursday. Is this true? I hope so for you and your family. I am feeling better - just get tired fast. I'm going to send this and hope it works...can't find your email anywhere on this site.

Love and Prayers

Penny