Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Thursday, November 1, 2007

My verse for today: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God.











Thought I'd share the grandkids, and kids, with you before I did my rambling!!

Today was a weepy day for me in the beginning.......mainly just lonely for Ken! This is a real stretch for us being apart this long....but God is good....and I know that He has a perfect plan for me, and that my days here will be prosperous, and already I am seeing slight improvement!

Each day I receive different treatments to "combat" my scleroderma. One thing I receive every day is a special "ointment/rub" on my hands/arms/feet/legs. It is a natural remedy called DMSO, which I have affectionately dubbed "Do My Soft Oil" which is mixed with castor oil. (not to be confused with motor oil!!!!)
Today I had a "colonics" (you can look that one up.......I don't want to discuss it :):), I also had a steam treatment, where I lay on a long table with a tent over me, my face is exposed, the rest of me is "steamed"......gently.....to sweat the toxins out of my system.....boy did that feel good!

Tomorrow I get a "fever bath", another way to sweat toxins out.
I am still on veggie juice only.....and tolerating it. On Saturday I will start a three day "water fast".....to give my body a chance to slow down and just take pure water nurishment. Please pray for me those days......this will be a new experience for me, but I know that God will use it for good.

As I end, I just want to tell you how wonderful my therapist is! For any one to minister to the health needs of someone else is truly a gift. After my steam treatment today I just broke down in tears.....and when Celenia asked what was wrong.....I simply said, that I was humbled a touched by her abilty to sweetly see to all my needs in such a kind way....and that she was a picture and testimony of what Jesus did to serve and minster to those in need while he was on this earth. I encourage you tonight to see what you can do to show "Jesus" to someone in your life.

No comments: