Living With Scleroderma With a Smile

">

Friday, November 2, 2007

My verse for today: "Wait for the Lord: Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord" Psalm 27:14

Today is a much better day!!! Not so many tears....and more energy! I guess I need to take the name "Times of Refreshing" to heart! Because....that's truly what it is! My body and soul are getting an opportunity to really slowwwww down, rest, relax, get great nourishment, detox/cleanse my body....and really begin to heal my body! I hardly am itching at all....and in just 5 days I can see a change in my hard skin....which is actually starting to soften!
PRAISE GOD!
These are three other ladies that are here. Note that we were are standing around the kitchen watching Diane prepare the morning meal! Do you see those water jugs? Well I am drinking an entire one in a 24 hour period....every day! Truth is....a person is supposed to take their weight/ divide by 2, and that's how many ounces of water you should be drinking every day!!

Juice anyone!!!?? This is pretty much what I have had for the past 5 days....and amazingly I feel nourished! I know...it's a little on the green side....but it does have decent taste! On Saturday I will start my three day water fast! Pastor Lanning sent me Scriptures and encouragement for those days. I am actually looking forward to this experience.....but will have to stay far away from the smells of the kitchen.....today Diane made home made rolls.....arggghhhh!






These are Celenia and Carl's children.....8 year old Shane, and 2 year old Mikey.








They are absolutely wonderful children!
This afternoon Shane and I sat down to the piano...and he said, "I can play some hymns if you'd like!" Then he proceeded to flip through the hymnal and played at least 10 songs...the correct melody and everything.....all in the key of C......all by ear...and with wonderful harmonics in the left hand! I was amazed......! This child has never had a lesson in his life.....but he definitely has a gift from God! He reminded exactly of how I started out playing by ear....picking up everything I could learn...then tackle the lessons! We ended up playing duets for quite a while. Shane played a melody and accompaniment while I through in a little traveling bass! What a joyful time this was...and what a blessing God gave me to be with children while I am missing our Grandkids!



Here's a typical morning.......vitals/etc. This is Celenia. Here I am in the steam tent......sweating out all of those toxins!!

No comments: